Monday, October 15, 2007

Catching Up.

It's been a long time since I've posted anything or read any other blogs. Life is just so crazy. Actually, it has been so crazy that I wound up in the ER on Thursday because I had a migraine so bad that I couldn't see straight and my hands were going numb. Diagnosis: Too much stress. I can't imagine why or where all this tension is coming from? Could it be because last week at work I was dealing with an abandoned baby and a school shooting? Or that I had my stamp club to get ready for? Or that I decided I also needed to throw in reorganizing my stamp room and creating a special art board for Maddy on top of my regular duties in the same week? Or maybe it is because my mom lost her job and got a new one, but now won't be keeping my girls on Thursday nights anymore? Or maybe it is because I found out my brother's girlfriend is pregnant and my whole family is asking me how I feel about it? Or maybe it's because my baby girl cut two teeth in one week? Or perhaps it is that my oldest daughter is taking giant steps backwards in the potty training debacle? Ha! I don't know why on earth I can be stressed?

Well, it took two different doses of IV pain meds to get rid of the headache. I had a CT scan and an EKG, but all was normal. I took off work on Friday, but ended up doing work anyhow because you know Congress votes this week to try to override the President's veto of the SCHIP bill and an editorial in the newspaper is exactly what will help put the pressure on!

I know I'm stressed, and I know my body can't handle it all on this never-ending path of insanity, but I also don't know how or when or what to do about it. I know somewhere something's gotta give, but right now, I just don't know what that is... My instincts are stamping and some of the social commitments, but I don't want to lose that either because those are things I do for myself and for fun and creative time. I think I just have to try to survive for a while, at least until I get through the next few years of toddlerhood with the girls!! I'm just hoping I can keep the migraines managable until then!

1 comment:

soapwatcher said...

I hear ya, my life has been so hectic with little ones for five years - but one thing I always do is have nap time during my soaps LOL MY downtime. Best wishes to you!